Free web development courseware collections
For free study resources, training guides and college preparation, turn to open courseware web development classes accessed from the Internet. Students involved in web development programs in college or vocational school, as well as professionals looking to broaden their skill set and individuals curious about web development, can take not-for-credit courses from schools like MIT, the University of California - Berkeley, Miami Dade College, Indiana University, the University of Minnesota, and the University of Washington for free. As long as a student has an Internet connection, he or she can access course materials whenever and wherever they want. These schools offer a full range of instruction in web development, from designing search engines to U.S. copyright law to XML to creating interactive sites to data application.
Courses like Advanced Internet and Web Services, XML Foundations, Server-Side Web Development, and User Interface Design and Implementation expose students to introductory and advanced level courses in web development. Classes can be found by searching a college or university's technology, computer science, multimedia, media and communication, or even art departments. Students will find classes that cover topics in software development, programming, the Internet, legal issues and technology, Web design, Internet marketing and more. Busy students and professionals can learn new ways to supplement their existing educational and professional experience through open courseware classes, which teach leading edge skills in a flexible, convenient format.
- Advanced Internet and Web Services [University of Washington] - Get tips on designing search engines and other Web services in this class.
- Introduction to Copyright Law [MIT] - Web developers need to understand the basics of U.S. copyright law and intellectual property.
- XML Foundations [UC - Berkeley] - Get an overview of XML, and why you should use it, in this class.
- Server-Side Web Development Distributed Lectures [Indiana University] - From building a three-tiered data application to understanding mail merge and using variables, this course delivers the basics in Web development.
- Intermediate to Creating Home Pages on the World Wide Web [University of Minnesota] - Learn the basics of "creating killer web sites" here.
- User Interface Design and Implementation [MIT] - Learn how to create user-friendly, interactive sites here.