Interested in online automotive programs?
Browse through our programs below! We offer online automotive programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!
Over 51 accredited online automotive programs are offered at the 89 online schools in the US. There is an enrollment of a reported 237,862 students at these accredited online automotive schools. These online automotive colleges admit students into online automotive courses at a rate of 13 out of every 25 applicants.
Online automotive classes are available at the following levels:
- Associate's degree in automotive technology
- Bachelor's degree in automotive technology
- Master's degree in automotive technology
- Certificate in automotive technology
Accredited online automotive schools offer a variety of online automotive programs for students to select from. They offer 26 online automotive certificate programs, 13 online automotive associate's degree programs and 10 online automotive bachelor's degree programs. Also, there is 2 online automotive master's degree programs.
Of the 237,862 students enrolled in online automotive classes, 40% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 60% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online automotive programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online automotive degree or certificate.
After graduation, online automotive college graduates can choose from careers such as an automotive mechanic. Automotive degree and certificate holders can expect to earn a yearly salary anywhere from $15,790 to $98,720, depending on factors such as the specific employer, the exact job, or location. Automotive mechanics earn $36,225 per annum, on average.
Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.
Your Favorite Schools
Browse online automotive programs
Online Automotive Programs Offered
- Auto Repair Technician - The Penn Foster Career School Online Auto Repair Technician program offers students a unique curriculum to learn general repair skills for the major automotive systems and how to safely utilize standard and specific automotive tools. The at-home training learned from the Online Auto Repair Technician program prepares students for the ASE certification exam in order to seek employment at auto repair service centers. This program comes with ASE exam preparation booklets to help students through the 11 instructional sets.
- Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance - The Penn Foster Career School Online Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance program is precursor to professional ASE certification and provides students with extensive knowledge on how to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all primary mechanical, hydraulic and electrical heavy truck systems. Most students of the Online Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance pursue ASE certification immediately after graduation and seek employment and apprenticeship positions at repair service centers.
- Motorcycle Repair Technician - The Penn Foster Career School Online Motorcycle Repair Technician program explores the mechanical and electronic workings of two and four stroke motorcycle engines, along with coursework on repairing all primary systems of a motorcycle. Students of the Online Motorcycle Repair Technician program are taught repair skills applicable to all major motorcycle makes and can demonstrate their skills as a repair technician with relevant formal education at local motorcycle repair and service shops. Students will complete 8 instruction sets, 7 practical exercises and may participate in an optional work experience project prior in order to graduate.
- Small Engine Repair - The Penn Foster Career School Online Small Engine Repair program is for individuals who want to learn how to repair their own small engine equipment or for potential technicians who need to know how to rebuild, repair and maintain two and four stroke engines. Online Small Engine Repair program graduates use their skills to service their own small engine machines or go on to successfully obtain national OPE certification to earn work experience as a repair specialist at local service shops. Graduates will complete 8 instruction sets and 7 practical exercises before receiving a four cycle repair manual and OPE exam preparation book as graduation gifts.