Interested in studying game design?
Below you'll find a plethora of information on game design!
Take your time, read everything and see if it's right for you!
States with game design schools
- Game Design Schools in Arizona
- Game Design Schools in California
- Game Design Schools in Colorado
- Game Design Schools in Florida
- Game Design Schools in Georgia
- Game Design Schools in Kansas
- Game Design Schools in Minnesota
- Game Design Schools in New Hampshire
- Game Design Schools in New Mexico
How will your game design education stack up?
Here is some information to help you compare your game design education with game design education around the nation. There are 31 traditional game design schools in the US.
In 2010, the top schools in the country with game design programs were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, California
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, New York
In 2010 in the US, 751 students graduated with degrees in game design. Of these students, 27 received certifications in game design, 631 received an undergraduate degree in game design, and 93 received a graduate-level degree in game design.
Students can pursue education in game design at the following levels:
- Associate's Degree in Game Design
- Bachelor's Degree in Game Design
- Master's Degree in Game Design
- Certificate in Game Design
The skills and/or knowledge that game design students can expect to gain during the course of their game design education are:
- Data Structures
- Visual Orientation and Spatial Perception
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Judgment and Decision Making
The average tuition at game design schools around the nation was $16,220 per year in 2010. The following game design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, students paid $40,920
- Bennington College - located in Bennington, Vermont, students paid $39,760
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, California, students paid $39,183
The following game design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, New Mexico, students paid $742
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, Arizona, students paid $1,352
- Wake Technical Community College - located in Raleigh, North Carolina, students paid $1,682
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of people working as a game designer will shrink by NaN%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 0 game designers working in the US. Over the next few years, the government projects the growth for game designers to be the fastest in these states:
- Wyoming - 0%
- Kentucky - 0%
- Texas - 0%
In the US, a game designer earns on average $NaN per year. However, the salary for a game designer can greatly vary based on factors such as your exact job description, your exact job description or experience. Game designers in the following states make the highest salaries on average:
So what kind of job can you get after studying
Below you'll find various popular careers! Compare professions and see which one you find interesting!
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (Past 5 Yrs)|
|Software Developers, Applications||499,280||$90,410|