Game Development Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad_cliff_notes Ad_open_courseware Never-leave-home

Interested in online game development programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online game development programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

In the US, there are over 42 online schools that offer approximately 89 accredited online game development programs. These accredited online game development schools have an enrollment of an estimated 213,958 students. The admission rate for students who apply to these online game development colleges is 73%. This means that 73 out of every 100 students who apply for admission to enroll in online game development courses receive admission.

Students can take online game development classes at the following degree and certificate levels:

  • Associate's degree in game development
  • Bachelor's degree in game development
  • Master's degree in game development
  • Certificate in game development

Students attending accredited online game development schools may select from over 4 online game development certificate programs, 5 online game development associate's degree programs and 76 online game development bachelor's degree programs. In addition, at the graduate level, students may select from one of 4 online game development master's degree programs.

Of the 213,958 students enrolled in online game development classes, 33% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 67% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online game development programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online game development degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online game development college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a game developer. And those with game development degrees and certificates can expect to earn a salary in the range of $19,900 to $119,890 per annum. Exact salary will depend on factors such as large or small employer, the exact job, or previous work experience. Game developers earn $71,776 per annum, on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

 
Consider taking game development courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a game development program in your state
Not interested in game development? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer game development related subjects
 

Browse online game development programs

1

Online Game Development Programs Offered

  • Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Production - The International Academy of Design and Technology Online Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Production program teaches students about business operations, game play, and asset development and integration. The communications and teamwork skills learned in the Online Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Production program can lead students to careers as asset managers, world builders, level builders, game play scripters, game artists, concept artists, 3D modelers, or texture artists. This 180-credit hour program provides students with projects to complete a professional portfolio.
2

Online Game Development Programs Offered

  • Bachelor's in Game and Simulation Programming - The DeVry University Online Bachelor's in Game and Simulation Programming program teaches students coding, software and visual design principles necessary to develop video games. The Online Bachelor's in Game and Simulation Programming degree opens up job opportunities in video game design, corporate training software development and crime scene reconstruction. This degree requires 127 credit hours of study and offers a number of interesting electives to choose from including programming game physics, and artificial intelligence for games and simulations.