Interested in online gerontology programs?
Browse through our programs below! We offer online gerontology programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!
Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 127 offer accredited online gerontology programs. These accredited online gerontology schools have an enrollment of an estimated 1,402,164 students. These online gerontology colleges admit students into online gerontology courses at a rate of 17 out of every 25 applicants.
Students can take online gerontology classes at the following degree and certificate levels:
- Associate's degree in gerontology
- Bachelor's degree in gerontology
- Master's degree in gerontology
- Doctoral degree in gerontology
- Certificate in gerontology
Students attending accredited online gerontology schools may select from over 50 online gerontology certificate programs, 1 online gerontology associate's degree program and 8 online gerontology bachelor's degree programs. And these schools offer 103 online gerontology master's degree programs for students to choose from and 21 online gerontology doctoral degree programs.
Approximately 32% of the 1,402,164 students enrolled in online gerontology classes, graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining either drop out or take longer than normal to complete their online gerontology degree or certificate.
Of the various professions online gerontology college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a gerontologist. Accredited online gerontology school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a clinical nurse specialist or a gerontology nurse practitioner, among other options. And those with gerontology degrees and certificates can expect to earn a salary in the range of $23,080 to $163,550 per annum. Exact salary will depend on factors such as the exact job, job duties, or shift timings. For example, gerontologists earn an average salary of $83,541 per year, while clinical nurse specialists, earn an average salary of $85,669 per year.
Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.
Browse online gerontology programs
Online Gerontology Programs Offered
- MS - Gerontology - The Capella University Online MS in Gerontology program offers courses in multigenerational relationships, care and services for the aging population, social and cultural attitudes toward the aging, and psychological, epidemiological, and biological impacts of the aging. An Online MS in Gerontology degree prepares students for careers in health care facilities for the aging, public agencies, or research, education, or management within nonprofit organizations. This degree is earned in 48 credit hours and outlines impacts of the aging on families, individuals, and communities.