There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Alabama!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Alabama
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Tennessee
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Mississippi
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Arkansas
- Administrative Assistant Courses in South Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Georgia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Alabama
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Alabama students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Alabama's 28 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 596 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Alabama with a administrative assistant program is Virginia College-Mobile, which is located in Mobile. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 6 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Virginia College-Mobile in 2010. Virginia College-Mobile charged in-state students $14,125 in tuition fees per year.
Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. 34 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Virginia College-Birmingham in 2010. Tuition at Virginia College-Birmingham was $16,500 per year.
Virginia College-Huntsville, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Huntsville. Tuition at Virginia College-Huntsville was $12,300 per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $4,748 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,308 per year to $16,500 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Virginia College-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $14,125 per year
- Virginia College-Huntsville - located in Huntsville, students are charged $12,300 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- J F Ingram State Technical College - located in Deatsville, students are charged $1,308 per year
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,520 Alabama administrative assistants as of 2010. The Alabama counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Bibb County - 2,380 administrative assistants
- Limestone County - 1,090 administrative assistants
- Autauga County - 750 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Alabama will grow to 9,650. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
An administrative assistant in Alabama makes an average of $45,970 per year. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $24,150 per year or as much as more than $75,790 per year in Alabama. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Lee County - $52,440 per year
- Limestone County - $47,040 per year
- Greene County - $47,030 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Etowah County - $39,340 per year
- Colbert County - $40,510 per year
- Lawrence County - $41,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Alabama
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Alabama
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||40,690||$30,860||10.1%|
|Office Clerks, General||33,810||$22,140||-8.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||6,520||$45,970||-31.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Alabama