There are schools offering art classes in Alabama!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Alabama
Auburn University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a art program. It is located in Auburn University. 126 students graduated with a degree in art from Auburn University in 2010. Students at Auburn University paid $7,900 per year in tuition fees.
Birmingham Southern College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a art program. It is located in Birmingham. In 2010, Birmingham Southern College graduated 15 students from its art program. Students at Birmingham Southern College paid $27,890 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a art program is Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Spring Hill College art program. Spring Hill College charged in-state students $26,730 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Alabama's art schools ranges from $27,890 per year to $3,270 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,524 per year. The Alabama art schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Birmingham Southern College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $27,890 per year
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Jefferson Davis Community College - located in Brewton, students are charged $3,278 per year
- James H Faulkner State Community College - located in Bay Minette, students are charged $3,360 per year
An art degree from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama art graduates become artists. In 2010, there were 40 artists working in Alabama. In Alabama, the largest numbers of artists work in the following counties:
The government projects that by 2018, the number of artists in the state of Alabama will grow to 320. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, artists earn $53,540 per year.
For more data regarding a career in art in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Art in Alabama
- Certificate in Art in Alabama
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||70||$47,340||-41.7%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||40||$53,540||-66.7%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||40||$55,180||-20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Alabama