There are schools offering business administration degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Alabama
Each year, roughly 5.2% of Alabama students graduate with degrees in business administration. Thus, Alabama's 53 business administration schools put out approximately 7,422 general managers each year.
Auburn University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a business administration program. It is located in Auburn University. In 2010, 545 students graduated from Auburn University's business administration program. Tuition at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
Birmingham Southern College, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Birmingham Southern College business administration program. Students at Birmingham Southern College paid $27,890 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a business administration program is Spring Hill College, which is located in Mobile. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. 78 students graduated with degree in business administration from Spring Hill College in 2010. Tuition at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama business administration school, average tuition will be $9,438 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,052 per year to $27,890 per year. In 2010, the business administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Birmingham Southern College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $27,890 per year
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- George C Wallace State Community College-Selma - located in Selma, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
A business administration degree from an Alabama school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Alabama pursue careers as a general manager. 30,870 general managers were working in Alabama in 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 9,720 general managers
- Limestone County - 3,560 general managers
- Mobile County - 3,400 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Alabama will shrink to 34,980. This would require a 0% decline in the profession.
A general manager in Alabama makes an average of $102,690 per year. In 2010, however, some Alabama general managers earned as little as less than $40,020 per year or as much as more than $163,570 per year. A general manager in the following Alabama counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Limestone County - $114,010 per year
- Bibb County - $111,530 per year
- Autauga County - $104,070 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Calhoun County - $86,500 per year
- Bullock County - $87,410 per year
- Geneva County - $89,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Alabama
- Certificate in Business Administration in Alabama
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||30,870||$102,690||12.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,040||$82,430||-51.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Alabama