There are schools offering business degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Alabama
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a business program is Auburn University. Auburn University, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Auburn University. 1,264 students graduated with a degree in business from Auburn University in 2010. The tuition rate at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
Birmingham Southern College, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a business program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Birmingham Southern College graduated 60 students from its business program. Students at Birmingham Southern College paid $27,890 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a business program is Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. 75 students graduated with degree in business from Spring Hill College in 2010. Tuition at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Alabama's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,567 per year, though tuition can range from $27,890 per year to $2,834 per year. The Alabama business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Birmingham Southern College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $27,890 per year
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
The business schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- J F Drake State Technical College - located in Huntsville, students are charged $3,270 per year
A business degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Alabama. Alabama had 67,960 business professionals in 2010. 4,400 of these business professionals were business analysts, 1,750 were chief executive officers, and 30,870 were operations managers. The Alabama counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Bibb County - 22,380 business professionals
- Limestone County - 9,600 business professionals
- Autauga County - 7,160 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 88,830 business professionals will be working in Alabama. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 16%.
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $82,031 per year in Alabama state. However, Alabama business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,580 per year to more than $165,470 per year in 2010. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Limestone County - $92,746 per year
- Baldwin County - $91,636 per year
- Geneva County - $89,024 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following Alabama counties:
- Calhoun County - $63,623 per year
- Etowah County - $67,422 per year
- Chambers County - $77,060 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $185,420 per year
- Financial Manager - $103,510 per year
- Operations Manager - $102,690 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Alabama were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $51,770 per year
- Credit Counselor - $33,570 per year
For more data regarding a career in business in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Business in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Alabama
- Certificate in Business in Alabama
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||30,870||$102,690||12.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||13,980||$60,830||15.0%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,320||$97,230||25.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,040||$82,430||-51.6%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||960||$86,920||5.5%|
|Human Resources Managers||640||$97,280|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Alabama