There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Alabama
Alabama State College of Barber Styling, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Gardendale. 11 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Alabama State College of Barber Styling in 2010.
Blue Cliff Career College, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Mobile. In 2010, 116 students graduated from Blue Cliff Career College cosmetology program.
Southeastern School of Cosmetology, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Birmingham. In 2010, Southeastern School of Cosmetology graduated 28 students from its cosmetology programs. Tuition at Southeastern School of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama cosmetology school, average tuition will be $3,292 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,308 per year to $12,300 per year. The Alabama cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College-Huntsville - located in Huntsville, students are charged $12,300 per year
- Virginia College-Montgomery - located in Montgomery, students are charged $12,100 per year
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,570 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- J F Ingram State Technical College - located in Deatsville, students are charged $1,308 per year
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Central Alabama Community College - located in Alexander City, students are charged $3,270 per year
A cosmetology certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Alabama pursue careers as a cosmetologist. 3,250 cosmetologists were working in Alabama in 2010. The Alabama counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Bibb County - 550 cosmetologists
- Limestone County - 530 cosmetologists
- Mobile County - 440 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Alabama will grow to 11,170. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
A cosmetologist in Alabama earns $24,210 per year on average. But, salaries for cosmetologists can vary. In 2010, cosmetologists made as little as less than $15,370 per year or as much as more than $73,810 per year in Alabama. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for a cosmetologist are:
- Etowah County - $34,990 per year
- Autauga County - $28,940 per year
- Bibb County - $26,520 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for cosmetologists are:
- Cullman County - $19,170 per year
- Calhoun County - $19,550 per year
- Chambers County - $19,820 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Alabama
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Alabama
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,250||$24,210||7.3%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||260||$23,430||-21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Alabama