There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Alabama
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Alabama students graduate with certificates in dental assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 299 dental assistants graduate from Alabama's 10 dental assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a dental assistant program is University of Alabama at Birmingham. University of Alabama at Birmingham, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Birmingham. no students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2010. University of Alabama at Birmingham charged in-state students $5,806 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a dental assistant program is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville. George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Hanceville. 17 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville in 2010. Tuition at George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville was $3,570 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a dental assistant program is Fortis College, which is located in Mobile. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. 47 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Fortis College in 2010. Fortis College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Alabama's dental assistant schools ranges from $24,060 per year to $3,270 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,706 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tri-State Institute - located in Birmingham, students are charged $24,060 per year
- University of Alabama at Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $5,806 per year
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,570 per year
The dental assistant schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- H Councill Trenholm State Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,270 per year
- James H Faulkner State Community College - located in Bay Minette, students are charged $3,360 per year
- John C Calhoun State Community College - located in Tanner, students are charged $3,420 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Alabama go on to work as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 2,850 dental assistants working in Alabama. In Alabama, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 780 dental assistants
- Mobile County - 310 dental assistants
- Chambers County - 300 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,740 dental assistants will be working in Alabama state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 30%.
On average, dental assistants earn $29,090 per year. In 2010, however, some Alabama dental assistants earned as little as less than $16,440 per year or as much as more than $47,110 per year. On average a dental assistant earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Etowah County - $34,890 per year
- Lawrence County - $33,030 per year
- Limestone County - $31,920 per year
On average, dental assistants earns the least in the following Alabama counties:
- Chambers County - $23,000 per year
- Baldwin County - $25,400 per year
- Mobile County - $25,760 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Alabama
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Alabama
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||680||$32,310||-10.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Alabama