There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Alabama
Around 0.5% of Alabama's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 697 educational leadership professonals graduate from Alabama's 17 educational leadership schools.
Auburn University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Auburn University. In 2010, Auburn University graduated 43 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama with a educational leadership program is Spring Hill College, which is located in Mobile. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Spring Hill College educational leadership program. Tuition at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a educational leadership program is Alabama A & M University. Alabama A & M University, which was ranked 51st in the country in 2010, is located in Normal. In 2010, Alabama A & M University graduated 7 students from its educational leadership programs. Students at Alabama A & M University paid $5,800 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Alabama educational leadership school, average tuition will be $8,602 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,424 per year to $26,730 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Alabama educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- University of Phoenix-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $11,040 per year
The educational leadership schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Jacksonville State University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $5,424 per year
- University of North Alabama - located in Florence, students are charged $5,426 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Many Alabama educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. In 2010, there were 5,560 educational leadership professonal working in Alabama, including 2,990 middle school principals, 360 preschool directors, and 1,820 deans. The Alabama counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Bibb County - 1,240 educational leadership professonals
- Autauga County - 650 educational leadership professonals
- Mobile County - 450 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,160 educational leadership professonals working in Alabama then. Of these 7,160 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 3,500 will be middle school principals, 610 will be preschool directors, and 2,490 will be deans.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $79,195 per year in Alabama state. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Alabama had varying salaries from $23,070 to $152,110 per year in 2010. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Lee County - $109,715 per year
- Mobile County - $95,820 per year
- Greene County - $90,965 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Chambers County - $53,445 per year
- Baldwin County - $66,313 per year
- Limestone County - $67,247 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Dean - $100,870 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $90,100 per year
- Middle School Principal - $76,950 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Middle School Principal - $76,950 per year
- Preschool Director - $48,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Educational Leadership in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Alabama
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,990||$76,950||4.9%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,820||$100,870||-32.8%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||390||$90,100||-17.0%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||360||$48,860||-37.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Alabama