There are schools offering EMT training in Alabama!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Alabama
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Alabama receive emergency medical training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 503 emergency medical technicians graduate from Alabama's 21 EMT schools.
University of South Alabama, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a EMT program. It is located in Mobile. 5 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from University of South Alabama in 2010. Tuition at University of South Alabama was $5,748 per year.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which is located in Hanceville, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 41 students graduated from George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville EMT program. Students at George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville paid $3,570 per year in tuition fees.
Jefferson Davis Community College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a EMT program. It is located in Brewton. In 2010, Jefferson Davis Community College graduated 0 students from its EMT programs. Jefferson Davis Community College charged in-state students $3,278 in tuition fees per year.
Emt schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $4,442 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,060 per year, or as little as $2,834 per year. The Alabama EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tri-State Institute - located in Birmingham, students are charged $24,060 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- Jefferson State Community College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,630 per year
The EMT schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
An EMT certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Alabama go on to work as an emergency medical technician. Alabama had 3,650 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Alabama emergency medical technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 960 emergency medical technicians
- Baldwin County - 440 emergency medical technicians
- Chambers County - 360 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Alabama will grow to 3,910. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $30,270 per year. However, this number is only an average. emergency medical technicians in Alabama had varying salaries from $16,290 to $69,910 per year in 2010. An emergency medical technician in the following Alabama counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bibb County - $37,500 per year
- Autauga County - $32,910 per year
- Bullock County - $30,810 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Colbert County - $23,020 per year
- Etowah County - $23,930 per year
- Greene County - $26,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Alabama
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Alabama
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||3,650||$30,270||28.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Alabama