There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Alabama
Each year, approximately 3.1% of Alabama graduates receive degrees in forensic nursing. In other words, every year an estimated 4,426 forensic nurses graduate from Alabama's 38 forensic nursing schools.
Auburn University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Auburn University. 93 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Auburn University in 2010. Tuition at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Mobile. 37 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from Spring Hill College in 2010. Tuition at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
Tuskegee University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Tuskegee Institute. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Tuskegee University forensic nursing program. The tuition rate at Tuskegee University was $16,750 per year.
Forensic nursing schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $6,976 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,730 per year, or as little as $2,834 per year. The Alabama forensic nursing schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- Tuskegee University - located in Tuskegee Institute, students are charged $16,750 per year
The following Alabama forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Alabama Southern Community College - located in Monroeville, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Central Alabama Community College - located in Alexander City, students are charged $3,270 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Alabama
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,160||$89,420||-23.4%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||170||$54,050||-5.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Alabama