There are schools offering health information programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Alabama
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Alabama graduates receive degrees in health information. Thus, Alabama's 6 health information schools put out approximately 51 health information technicians each year.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which is located in Hanceville, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. 29 students graduated with a degree in health information from George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville in 2010. George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville charged in-state students $3,570 in tuition fees per year.
Enterprise State Community College, which is located in Enterprise, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. Students at Enterprise State Community College paid $3,052 per year in tuition fees.
Southern Union State Community College, which was ranked 83rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a health information program. It is located in Wadley. 0 students graduated with degree in health information from Southern Union State Community College in 2010. Students at Southern Union State Community College paid $2,834 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Alabama's health information schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,971 per year, though tuition can range from $24,060 per year to $2,834 per year. In 2010, the health information schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Tri-State Institute - located in Birmingham, students are charged $24,060 per year
- University of Phoenix-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $11,040 per year
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville - located in Hanceville, students are charged $3,570 per year
The health information schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- Bishop State Community College - located in Mobile, students are charged $3,270 per year
A health information degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from health information school in Alabama go on to work as a health information technician. 2,820 health information technicians were working in Alabama in 2010. The largest populations of Alabama health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 870 health information technicians
- Mobile County - 350 health information technicians
- Limestone County - 280 health information technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of health information technicians is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,420 health information technicians working in the Alabama then.
On average, a health information technician earns a salary of $29,210 per year in Alabama state. However, Alabama health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,960 per year to more than $55,250 per year in 2010. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Greene County - $36,320 per year
- Limestone County - $30,790 per year
- Bibb County - $30,730 per year
A health information technician in the following counties in Alabama make the lowest salaries on average:
- Etowah County - $24,570 per year
- Geneva County - $26,340 per year
- Colbert County - $26,590 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in health information. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Alabama
- Certificate in Health Information in Alabama
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||2,820||$29,210||-2.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Alabama