There are schools offering history degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering History Programs in Alabama
Auburn University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a history program. It is located in Auburn University. 76 students graduated with a degree in history from Auburn University in 2010. Tuition at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
Birmingham Southern College, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a history program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in history from Birmingham Southern College in 2010. Students at Birmingham Southern College paid $27,890 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a history program is Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. In 2010, Spring Hill College graduated 8 students from its history programs. Spring Hill College charged in-state students $26,730 in tuition fees per year.
History schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $11,095 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,890 per year, or as little as $5,424 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Birmingham Southern College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $27,890 per year
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Jacksonville State University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $5,424 per year
- University of North Alabama - located in Florence, students are charged $5,426 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
A history degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from history school in Alabama go on to work as a historian. 50 historians were working in Alabama in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama historians:
On average, historians earn $68,150 per year.
For more data regarding a career in history in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Alabama
- Master's Degree in History in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in History in Alabama
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Alabama