There are schools offering LVN programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Alabama
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a LVN program is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville. George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Hanceville. In 2010, George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville graduated 29 students from its LVN program. George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville charged in-state students $3,570 in tuition fees per year.
Northeast Alabama Community College, which is located in Rainsville, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Northeast Alabama Community College in 2010. Northeast Alabama Community College charged in-state students $3,420 in tuition fees per year.
Gadsden State Community College, which is located in Gadsden, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Gadsden State Community College graduated 55 students from its LVN programs. Students at Gadsden State Community College paid $3,270 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Alabama's LVN schools ranges from $3,630 per year to $2,834 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,350 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Alabama LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Jefferson State Community College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,630 per year
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville - located in Hanceville, students are charged $3,570 per year
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,570 per year
The LVN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Lurleen B Wallace Community College - located in Andalusia, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
A LVN certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Alabama go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. Alabama had 15,040 licensed vocational nurses in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama licensed vocational nurses:
- Bibb County - 3,730 licensed vocational nurses
- Chambers County - 1,250 licensed vocational nurses
- Mobile County - 1,210 licensed vocational nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed vocational nurses is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 19,160 licensed vocational nurses working in the Alabama then.
On average, licensed vocational nurses earn $34,170 per year. But, salaries for licensed vocational nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed vocational nurses made as little as less than $22,530 per year or as much as more than $47,310 per year in Alabama. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for a licensed vocational nurse are:
- Bibb County - $36,930 per year
- Limestone County - $36,350 per year
- Autauga County - $35,440 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Bullock County - $31,640 per year
- Colbert County - $31,790 per year
- Chambers County - $32,270 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Alabama
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||15,040||$34,170||5.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Alabama