There are schools offering management courses in Alabama!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Alabama
Auburn University, which is located in Auburn University, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a management program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. 88 students graduated with a degree in management from Auburn University in 2010. Auburn University charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a management program is Huntingdon College. Huntingdon College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Montgomery. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Huntingdon College management program. The tuition rate at Huntingdon College was $20,990 per year.
Alabama A & M University, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a management program. It is located in Normal. Tuition at Alabama A & M University was $5,800 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Alabama's management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,323 per year, though tuition can range from $20,990 per year to $2,834 per year. The Alabama management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Huntingdon College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $20,990 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute_Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- Lurleen B Wallace Community College - located in Andalusia, students are charged $3,270 per year
A management degree from an Alabama school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Alabama pursue careers as a manager. If you decide to work as a manager in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 30,870 Alabama managers as of 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 9,720 managers
- Limestone County - 3,560 managers
- Mobile County - 3,400 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 34,980 managers will be working in Alabama state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by 0%.
A manager in Alabama earns $102,690 per year on average. However, Alabama managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $40,020 per year to more than $163,570 per year in 2010. A manager in the following Alabama counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Limestone County - $114,010 per year
- Bibb County - $111,530 per year
- Autauga County - $104,070 per year
A manager in the following counties in Alabama make the lowest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $86,500 per year
- Bullock County - $87,410 per year
- Geneva County - $89,640 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Management in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Alabama
- Certificate in Management in Alabama
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||30,870||$102,690||12.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||24,300||$35,000||17.1%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,180||$85,770||-6.4%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,160||$89,420||-23.4%|
|Food Service Managers||2,150||$52,810||2.4%|
|Managers, All Other||1,970||$91,800||-56.9%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||530||$88,900||15.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||430||$75,190||-60.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Alabama