There are schools offering nurse practitioner programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Nurse Practitioning Programs in Alabama
Around 0.2% of Alabama's graduates graduate from nurse practitioning degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 228 nurse practitioners graduate from Alabama's 6 nurse practitioner schools.
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a nurse practitioner program is Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Spring Hill College's nurse practitioner program. Spring Hill College charged in-state students $26,730 in tuition fees per year.
The University of Alabama, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a nurse practitioner program. It is located in Tuscaloosa. In 2010, 9 students graduated from The University of Alabama nurse practitioner program. The tuition rate at The University of Alabama was $7,900 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a nurse practitioner program is Samford University. Samford University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Birmingham. In 2010, Samford University graduated 66 students from its nurse practitioner programs. Samford University charged in-state students $21,942 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama nurse practitioner school, average tuition will be $12,549 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,424 per year to $26,730 per year. The Alabama nurse practitioner schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- The University of Alabama - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $7,900 per year
The nurse practitioner schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Jacksonville State University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $5,424 per year
- University of Alabama at Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $5,806 per year
- University of Alabama in Huntsville - located in Huntsville, students are charged $7,492 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse practitioning in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse anesthetist or MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Alabama
Curious what studying Nurse Practitioner gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Health diagnosing and treating practitioners, all other||n/a||$51,370|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nurse practitioner related jobs in Alabama