There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Alabama!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Alabama
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Alabama receive nurse assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 97 nursing assistants graduate from Alabama's 9 nursing assistant schools.
Jefferson Davis Community College, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Brewton. In 2010, no students graduated from Jefferson Davis Community College's nursing assistant program. Jefferson Davis Community College charged in-state students $3,278 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a nursing assistant program is Gadsden State Community College. Gadsden State Community College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Gadsden. Students at Gadsden State Community College paid $3,270 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a nursing assistant program is H Councill Trenholm State Technical College. H Councill Trenholm State Technical College, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Montgomery. In 2010, H Councill Trenholm State Technical College graduated 7 students from its nursing assistant programs. Students at H Councill Trenholm State Technical College paid $3,270 per year in tuition fees.
Nursing assistant schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $3,322 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,488 per year, or as little as $3,270 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Alabama nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bevill State Community College - located in Jasper, students are charged $3,488 per year
- John C Calhoun State Community College - located in Tanner, students are charged $3,420 per year
- Reid State Technical College - located in Evergreen, students are charged $3,360 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
- George C Wallace State Community College-Selma - located in Selma, students are charged $3,270 per year
- J F Drake State Technical College - located in Huntsville, students are charged $3,270 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Alabama go on to work as a nursing assistant. 21,440 nursing assistants were working in Alabama in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama nursing assistants:
- Bibb County - 5,110 nursing assistants
- Chambers County - 2,120 nursing assistants
- Mobile County - 1,920 nursing assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nursing assistants in the state of Alabama will grow to 26,310. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A nursing assistant in Alabama earns $21,180 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Alabama nursing assistants earned as little as less than $15,560 per year or as much as more than $32,130 per year. On average a nursing assistant earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Limestone County - $23,280 per year
- Bibb County - $22,710 per year
- Lawrence County - $21,030 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Alabama counties:
- Calhoun County - $19,520 per year
- Chambers County - $19,700 per year
- Colbert County - $19,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Alabama
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||21,440||$21,180||2.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Alabama