There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Alabama
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Alabama receive occupational therapy degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 95 occupational therapists graduate from Alabama's 6 occupational therapy schools.
Tuskegee University, which was ranked 49th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Tuskegee Institute. 8 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Tuskegee University in 2010. Tuskegee University charged in-state students $16,750 in tuition fees per year.
University of Alabama at Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Alabama at Birmingham graduated 39 students from its occupational therapy program. The tuition rate at University of Alabama at Birmingham was $5,806 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a occupational therapy program is University of South Alabama. University of South Alabama, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. 23 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from University of South Alabama in 2010. The tuition rate at University of South Alabama was $5,748 per year.
Occupational therapy schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $8,881 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,750 per year, or as little as $3,570 per year. In 2010, the occupational therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Tuskegee University - located in Tuskegee Institute, students are charged $16,750 per year
- Oakwood University - located in Huntsville, students are charged $14,250 per year
- Alabama State University - located in Montgomery, students are charged $7,164 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville - located in Hanceville, students are charged $3,570 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- University of Alabama at Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $5,806 per year
An occupational therapy degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Alabama go on to work as an occupational therapist. 1,050 occupational therapists were working in Alabama in 2010. The Alabama counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Bibb County - 380 occupational therapists
- Chambers County - 70 occupational therapists
- Etowah County - 70 occupational therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of occupational therapists is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,380 occupational therapists working in the Alabama then.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $64,870 per year in Alabama state. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Alabama had varying salaries from $20,400 to $108,100 per year in 2010. On average an occupational therapist earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Geneva County - $79,050 per year
- Etowah County - $68,050 per year
- Autauga County - $66,880 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Baldwin County - $48,010 per year
- Limestone County - $53,880 per year
- Mobile County - $58,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Alabama
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||300||$49,030||36.4%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||60||$28,880||100.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Alabama