There are schools offering paramedic programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Alabama
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a paramedic program is University of South Alabama. University of South Alabama, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. 5 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from University of South Alabama in 2010. University of South Alabama charged in-state students $5,748 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama with a paramedic program is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which is located in Hanceville. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. In 2010, 41 students graduated from George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville paramedic program. The tuition rate at George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville was $3,570 per year.
Jefferson Davis Community College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a paramedic program. It is located in Brewton. Jefferson Davis Community College charged in-state students $3,278 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Alabama's paramedic schools ranges from $24,060 per year to $2,834 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,442 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Tri-State Institute - located in Birmingham, students are charged $24,060 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- Jefferson State Community College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,630 per year
The paramedic schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
A paramedic certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Alabama go on to work as a paramedic. If you decide to work as a paramedic in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,650 Alabama paramedics as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama paramedics:
- Bibb County - 960 paramedics
- Baldwin County - 440 paramedics
- Chambers County - 360 paramedics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,910 paramedics will be working in Alabama state. This would require the number of paramedics to grow by 18%.
A paramedic in Alabama makes an average of $30,270 per year. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $16,290 per year or as much as more than $69,910 per year in Alabama. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Bibb County - $37,500 per year
- Autauga County - $32,910 per year
- Bullock County - $30,810 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Colbert County - $23,020 per year
- Etowah County - $23,930 per year
- Greene County - $26,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Alabama
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Alabama
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||3,650||$30,270||28.1%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||360||$17,690||24.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Alabama