There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Alabama
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Alabama receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. Thus, Alabama's 10 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 266 pharmacy technicians each year.
Virginia College-Mobile, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Mobile. In 2010, Virginia College-Mobile graduated 17 students from its pharmacy technician program. Students at Virginia College-Mobile paid $14,125 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Alabama with a pharmacy technician program is Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Virginia College-Birmingham pharmacy technician program. Tuition at Virginia College-Birmingham was $16,500 per year.
Virginia College-Huntsville, which is located in Huntsville, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. Students at Virginia College-Huntsville paid $12,300 per year in tuition fees.
Pharmacy technician schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $7,334 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,500 per year, or as little as $3,570 per year. The Alabama pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Remington College-Mobile Campus - located in Mobile, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Virginia College-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $14,125 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville - located in Hanceville, students are charged $3,570 per year
- Virginia College-Montgomery - located in Montgomery, students are charged $12,100 per year
- Virginia College-Huntsville - located in Huntsville, students are charged $12,300 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Alabama go on to work as a pharmacy technician. In 2010, there were 6,390 pharmacy technicians working in Alabama. In Alabama, the largest numbers of pharmacy technicians work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 1,690 pharmacy technicians
- Chambers County - 750 pharmacy technicians
- Autauga County - 600 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Alabama will grow by 27%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,380 pharmacy technicians working in Alabama.
A pharmacy technician in Alabama makes an average of $24,810 per year. However, this number is only an average. pharmacy technicians in Alabama had varying salaries from $15,860 to $49,490 per year in 2010. A pharmacy technician in the following Alabama counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Colbert County - $30,170 per year
- Limestone County - $26,700 per year
- Greene County - $26,380 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for pharmacy technicians are:
- Chambers County - $21,180 per year
- Etowah County - $23,050 per year
- Cullman County - $23,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Alabama
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Alabama
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Alabama