There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Alabama
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Alabama students graduate with degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 121 respiratory therapists graduate from Alabama's 7 respiratory therapy schools each year.
University of Alabama at Birmingham, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Birmingham. 30 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Alabama at Birmingham was $5,806 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama with a respiratory therapy program is Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Virginia College-Birmingham respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Virginia College-Birmingham was $16,500 per year.
University of South Alabama, which is located in Mobile, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of South Alabama graduated 14 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Tuition at University of South Alabama was $5,748 per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $5,941 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,500 per year, or as little as $3,270 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Alabama at Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $5,806 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
The respiratory therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
- George C Wallace Community College-Dothan - located in Dothan, students are charged $3,270 per year
- John C Calhoun State Community College - located in Tanner, students are charged $3,420 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. In 2010, there were 1,940 respiratory therapists working in Alabama. In Alabama, the largest numbers of respiratory therapists work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 550 respiratory therapists
- Mobile County - 230 respiratory therapists
- Baldwin County - 170 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,740 respiratory therapists working in the Alabama then.
A respiratory therapist in Alabama makes an average of $45,500 per year. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Alabama had varying salaries from $30,850 to $70,790 per year in 2010. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Geneva County - $51,730 per year
- Autauga County - $48,000 per year
- Lee County - $47,440 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Alabama counties:
- Cullman County - $41,430 per year
- Limestone County - $41,830 per year
- Chambers County - $42,260 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Alabama
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||470||$36,170||-14.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Alabama