There are schools offering speech therapy programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in Alabama
Auburn University, which is located in Auburn University, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 75 students graduated from Auburn University's speech therapy program. The tuition rate at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
Alabama A & M University, which is located in Normal, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 51st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Alabama A & M University graduated 13 students from its speech therapy program. Tuition at Alabama A & M University was $5,800 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama that has a speech therapy program is The University of Alabama. The University of Alabama, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Tuscaloosa. In 2010, 72 students graduated from The University of Alabama speech therapy program. The University of Alabama charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Alabama's speech therapy schools ranges from $14,250 per year to $5,748 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,225 per year. The Alabama speech therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oakwood University - located in Huntsville, students are charged $14,250 per year
- The University of Alabama - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $7,900 per year
- Auburn University - located in Auburn University, students are charged $7,900 per year
The following Alabama speech therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- Alabama A & M University - located in Normal, students are charged $5,800 per year
- University of Montevallo - located in Montevallo, students are charged $7,750 per year
A speech therapy degree from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama speech therapy graduates become speech therapists. Alabama had 90 speech therapists in 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of speech therapists work in the following counties:
The government projects that by 2018, the number of speech therapists in the state of Alabama will grow to 1,560. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
On average, speech therapists earn $47,690 per year.
For more data regarding a career in speech therapy in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in Alabama
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in Alabama