There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Alabama
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Alabama receive surgical technology certificates every year. Thus, Alabama's 10 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 187 surgical technologists each year.
Virginia College-Mobile, which is located in Mobile, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Virginia College-Mobile in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia College-Mobile was $14,125 per year.
Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Virginia College-Birmingham graduated 16 students from its surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Virginia College-Birmingham was $16,500 per year.
Gadsden State Community College, which is located in Gadsden, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Gadsden State Community College surgical technologist program. Tuition at Gadsden State Community College was $3,270 per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $6,237 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,500 per year, or as little as $2,834 per year. The Alabama surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Virginia College-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $14,125 per year
- Virginia College-Montgomery - located in Montgomery, students are charged $12,100 per year
The surgical technologist schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Lurleen B Wallace Community College - located in Andalusia, students are charged $3,270 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. If you decide to work as a surgical technologist in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,930 Alabama surgical technologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Alabama surgical technologists are working in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 520 surgical technologists
- Limestone County - 280 surgical technologists
- Autauga County - 260 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Alabama will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,190 surgical technologists working in Alabama.
On average, surgical technologists earn $33,200 per year. However, this number is only an average. surgical technologists in Alabama had varying salaries from $20,260 to $53,650 per year in 2010. On average a surgical technologist earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Limestone County - $39,460 per year
- Geneva County - $36,520 per year
- Autauga County - $34,620 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Bullock County - $28,660 per year
- Mobile County - $28,960 per year
- Chambers County - $29,540 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Alabama
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Alabama
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Alabama