There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Alabama
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Alabama students graduate with degrees in visual communications. That means an estimated 157 visual communications professionals graduate from Alabama's 15 visual communications schools each year.
Auburn University, which is located in Auburn University, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 99 students graduated from Auburn University's visual communications program. Auburn University charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a visual communications program is Samford University. Samford University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Birmingham. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Samford University visual communications program. The tuition rate at Samford University was $21,942 per year.
Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. Students at Virginia College-Birmingham paid $16,500 per year in tuition fees.
Visual communications schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $10,509 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,942 per year, or as little as $3,270 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama visual communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- ITT Technical Institute_Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
- James H Faulkner State Community College - located in Bay Minette, students are charged $3,360 per year
- John C Calhoun State Community College - located in Tanner, students are charged $3,420 per year
A visual communications degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Many Alabama visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,330 Alabama visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 1,740 graphic designers, 140 video editors, and 410 audio visual technicians. In Alabama, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 850 visual communications professionals
- Limestone County - 360 visual communications professionals
- Mobile County - 240 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,130 visual communications professionals working in Alabama then. Of these 4,130 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 3,030 will be graphic designers, 160 will be video editors, and 620 will be audio visual technicians.
visual communications professionals in Alabama make an average of $43,053 per year. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Alabama had varying salaries from $15,530 to $82,290 per year in 2010. Visual communications professionals in the following Alabama counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Lee County - $46,640 per year
- Bibb County - $44,293 per year
- Limestone County - $43,170 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Alabama make the lowest salaries on average:
- Geneva County - $30,940 per year
- Bullock County - $31,810 per year
- Mobile County - $31,990 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Artist - $53,540 per year
- Graphic Designer - $45,010 per year
- Video Editor - $41,430 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Video Editor - $41,430 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $32,230 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Alabama
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Alabama
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||410||$32,230||28.1%|
|Film and Video Editors||140||$41,430||-6.7%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||40||$53,540||-66.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Alabama