There are schools offering accounting degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Arizona
Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Northern Arizona University's accounting program. The tuition rate at Northern Arizona University was $7,672 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona with a accounting program is Prescott College, which is located in Prescott. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in accounting from Prescott College in 2010. Tuition at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
The third-ranked school in Arizona that has a accounting program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus. University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which was ranked 49th in the country in 2010, is located in Phoenix. In 2010, University of Phoenix-Online Campus graduated 57 students from its accounting programs. Tuition at University of Phoenix-Online Campus was $11,520 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arizona accounting school, average tuition will be $5,884 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,412 per year to $26,235 per year. The Arizona accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Everest College-Phoenix - located in Phoenix, students are charged $15,024 per year
The accounting schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Northland Pioneer College - located in Holbrook, students are charged $1,414 per year
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
An accounting degree from an Arizona school... what next?
A large number of Arizona accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 21,230 accountants working in Arizona. In Arizona, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 16,540 accountants
- Pima County - 2,970 accountants
- Cochise County - 340 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 32,250 accountants will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 13%.
On average, accountants earn $60,310 per year. However, Arizona accountants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,190 per year to more than $115,470 per year in 2010. An accountant in the following Arizona counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Pima County - $68,080 per year
- Cochise County - $63,140 per year
- Maricopa County - $59,380 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Arizona counties:
- Apache County - $46,330 per year
- Coconino County - $53,150 per year
- Mohave County - $55,160 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Arizona
- Certificate in Accounting in Arizona
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||28,450||$35,960||-6.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||21,230||$60,310||-1.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,740||$34,560||2.8%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,690||$36,100||-29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Arizona