There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Arizona!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Arizona
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Arizona graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 566 administrative assistants graduate from Arizona's 24 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Arizona that has a administrative assistant program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus. University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which was ranked 49th in the country in 2010, is located in Phoenix. In 2010, no students graduated from University of Phoenix-Online Campus' administrative assistant program. Students at University of Phoenix-Online Campus paid $11,520 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Arizona that has a administrative assistant program is East Valley Institute of Technology. East Valley Institute of Technology, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Mesa.
Maricopa Skill Center, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Phoenix. 10 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Maricopa Skill Center in 2010. The tuition rate at Maricopa Skill Center was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Arizona's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,676 per year, though tuition can range from $11,520 per year to $1,354 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
- Mohave Community College - located in Kingman, students are charged $2,310 per year
- Coconino County Community College - located in Flagstaff, students are charged $2,040 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Tohono O'Odham Community College - located in Sells, students are charged $1,354 per year
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Northland Pioneer College - located in Holbrook, students are charged $1,414 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Arizona school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Arizona pursue careers as an administrative assistant. Arizona had 24,510 administrative assistants in 2010. The largest populations of Arizona administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 18,750 administrative assistants
- Pima County - 2,990 administrative assistants
- Yavapai County - 630 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 36,270 administrative assistants working in the Arizona then.
An administrative assistant in Arizona earns $41,600 per year on average. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $22,870 per year or as much as more than $71,890 per year in Arizona. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following Arizona counties:
- Maricopa County - $42,370 per year
- Pima County - $40,890 per year
- Coconino County - $39,120 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Yavapai County - $35,530 per year
- Cochise County - $35,690 per year
- Apache County - $37,160 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Arizona
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Arizona
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||48,830||$28,780||-15.2%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||33,290||$31,060||24.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||24,510||$41,600||-20.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Arizona