There are schools offering automotive training in Arizona!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Arizona
Around 1.4% of Arizona's graduates graduate from automotive repair certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 3,125 automotive mechanics graduate from Arizona's 17 automotive schools.
East Valley Institute of Technology, which is located in Mesa, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 12 students graduated from East Valley Institute of Technology's automotive program.
Maricopa Skill Center, which is located in Phoenix, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Maricopa Skill Center in 2010.
Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc, which is located in Avondale, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. 854 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc in 2010. Students at Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Arizona's automotive schools ranges from $2,310 per year to $1,412 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,211 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arizona automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mohave Community College - located in Kingman, students are charged $2,310 per year
- Arizona Western College - located in Yuma, students are charged $2,000 per year
- Central Arizona College - located in Coolidge, students are charged $1,950 per year
The following Arizona automotive schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Northland Pioneer College - located in Holbrook, students are charged $1,414 per year
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
An automotive certificate from an Arizona school... what next?
A large number of Arizona automotive graduates become automotive mechanics. Arizona had 12,110 automotive mechanics in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Arizona automotive mechanics:
- Maricopa County - 8,150 automotive mechanics
- Pima County - 2,030 automotive mechanics
- Apache County - 390 automotive mechanics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of automotive mechanics is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 16,280 automotive mechanics working in the Arizona then.
An automotive mechanic in Arizona earns $38,110 per year on average. But, salaries for automotive mechanics can vary. In 2010, automotive mechanics made as little as less than $17,160 per year or as much as more than $68,350 per year in Arizona. On average an automotive mechanic earns the most in the following Arizona counties:
- Coconino County - $41,610 per year
- Yavapai County - $39,450 per year
- Maricopa County - $38,770 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for automotive mechanics are:
- Yuma County - $31,890 per year
- Apache County - $33,080 per year
- Mohave County - $35,140 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in automotive repair and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Arizona
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Arizona
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||12,110||$38,110||-13.8%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||3,680||$43,160||-5.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Arizona