There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Arizona!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Arizona
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a bookkeeping program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. 2 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from University of Phoenix-Online Campus in 2010. Students at University of Phoenix-Online Campus paid $11,520 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Arizona that has a bookkeeping program is Maricopa Skill Center. Maricopa Skill Center, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Phoenix. In 2010, Maricopa Skill Center graduated 5 students from its bookkeeping program.
Central Arizona College, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Coolidge. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Central Arizona College bookkeeping program. Tuition at Central Arizona College was $1,950 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arizona bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $3,852 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,520 per year to $11,520 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arizona bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Tucson - located in Tucson, students are charged $10,056 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Phoenix - located in Phoenix, students are charged $9,888 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arizona bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
- Scottsdale Community College - located in Scottsdale, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Paradise Valley Community College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $1,734 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from an Arizona school... what next?
A large number of Arizona bookkeeping graduates become bookkeeping clerks. In 2010, there were 28,450 bookkeeping clerks working in Arizona. In Arizona, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 20,690 bookkeeping clerks
- Pima County - 3,610 bookkeeping clerks
- Apache County - 860 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that the number of bookkeeping clerks in Arizona will grow by 4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 38,100 bookkeeping clerks working in Arizona.
A bookkeeping clerk in Arizona earns $35,960 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Arizona bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $16,380 per year or as much as more than $56,700 per year. The counties in Arizona with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Maricopa County - $36,900 per year
- Coconino County - $35,100 per year
- Pima County - $34,970 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in Arizona make the lowest salaries on average:
- Yuma County - $30,140 per year
- Cochise County - $30,850 per year
- Apache County - $31,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in Arizona
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Arizona
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||28,450||$35,960||-6.0%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,740||$34,560||2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Arizona