There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Arizona
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Arizona graduates receive degrees in civil engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 222 civil engineers graduate from Arizona's 7 civil engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a civil engineering program is Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 33 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Northern Arizona University in 2010. Tuition at Northern Arizona University was $7,672 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona with a civil engineering program is Prescott College, which is located in Prescott. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. Tuition at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
Arizona State University, which is located in Tempe, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Arizona State University graduated 124 students from its civil engineering programs. Arizona State University charged in-state students $8,132 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Arizona civil engineering school, average tuition will be $7,933 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,520 per year to $26,235 per year. In 2010, the civil engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- University of Arizona - located in Tucson, students are charged $8,237 per year
- Arizona State University - located in Tempe, students are charged $8,132 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arizona civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
- Phoenix College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Arizona Western College - located in Yuma, students are charged $2,000 per year
A civil engineering degree from an Arizona school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Arizona pursue careers as a civil engineer. In 2010, there were 3,740 civil engineers working in Arizona. The following counties have the largest number of Arizona civil engineers:
- Maricopa County - 2,980 civil engineers
- Pima County - 460 civil engineers
- Yuma County - 80 civil engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of civil engineers is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,610 civil engineers working in the Arizona then.
A civil engineer in Arizona earns $83,820 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. civil engineers in Arizona had varying salaries from $17,700 to $131,770 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for civil engineers:
- Maricopa County - $87,570 per year
- Yavapai County - $78,590 per year
- Apache County - $76,880 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Cochise County - $48,100 per year
- Pima County - $70,410 per year
- Coconino County - $70,680 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in civil engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Arizona
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Arizona
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,650||$54,050||-22.5%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,460||$47,700||-23.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Arizona