There are schools offering computer programming courses in Arizona!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Arizona
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Arizona students graduate with degrees in computer programming. In other words, every year an estimated 516 computer programmers graduate from Arizona's 20 computer programming schools.
University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which was ranked 49th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a computer programming program. It is located in Phoenix. 363 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from University of Phoenix-Online Campus in 2010. University of Phoenix-Online Campus charged in-state students $11,520 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Tempe, which is located in Tempe, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Tempe paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Rio Salado College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a computer programming program. It is located in Tempe. 5 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Rio Salado College in 2010. The tuition rate at Rio Salado College was $1,734 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Arizona's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,422 per year, though tuition can range from $19,200 per year to $1,488 per year. The Arizona computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Advancing Technology - located in Tempe, students are charged $19,200 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Phoenix, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Tempe - located in Tempe, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arizona computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
- Cochise College - located in Douglas, students are charged $1,560 per year
A computer programming degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Arizona go on to work as a computer programmer. 6,710 computer programmers were working in Arizona in 2010. The largest populations of Arizona computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 5,190 computer programmers
- Pima County - 1,170 computer programmers
- Coconino County - 100 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,560 computer programmers will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of computer programmers to shrink by -12%.
On average, computer programmers earn $74,420 per year. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Maricopa County - $75,910 per year
- Cochise County - $74,940 per year
- Yuma County - $73,210 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Mohave County - $60,660 per year
- Coconino County - $61,180 per year
- Yavapai County - $68,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Arizona
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Arizona
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||680||$54,580||4.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Arizona