There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Arizona!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Arizona
Around 0.3% of Arizona's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. Thus, Arizona's 24 early childhood education schools put out approximately 776 early childhood education professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Arizona that has a early childhood education program is Northern Arizona University. Northern Arizona University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Flagstaff. 127 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from Northern Arizona University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northern Arizona University was $7,672 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona with a early childhood education program is Prescott College, which is located in Prescott. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Prescott College early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
The third-ranked school in Arizona that has a early childhood education program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus. University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which was ranked 49th in the country in 2010, is located in Phoenix. In 2010, 225 students graduated from University of Phoenix-Online Campus early childhood education program. Tuition at University of Phoenix-Online Campus was $11,520 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Arizona's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,776 per year, though tuition can range from $26,235 per year to $805 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona early childhood education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
The early childhood education schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Dine College - located in Tsaile, students are charged $805 per year
- Tohono O'Odham Community College - located in Sells, students are charged $1,354 per year
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director are the professions of choice for a majority of early childhood education graduates in Arizona. Arizona had 32,060 early childhood education professionals in 2010. 6,440 of these early childhood education professionals were preschool teachers, 3,300 were kindergarten teachers, and 21,090 were elementary school teachers. The Arizona counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Maricopa County - 19,750 early childhood education professionals
- Pima County - 5,330 early childhood education professionals
- Apache County - 1,470 early childhood education professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 30,650 early childhood education professionals will be working in Arizona. This would require the number of early childhood education professional to grow by 10%.
early childhood education professionals in Arizona earn $38,413 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Arizona had varying salaries from $15,610 to $70,940 per year in 2010. The counties in Arizona with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Maricopa County - $39,305 per year
- Pima County - $37,898 per year
- Yuma County - $36,703 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Mohave County - $31,733 per year
- Cochise County - $32,713 per year
- Yavapai County - $32,820 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Arizona were:
- Preschool Director - $44,330 per year
- Elementary School Teacher - $42,110 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,700 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Arizona were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,700 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $26,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Arizona
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Arizona
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||21,090||$42,110||-43.3%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||6,440||$26,510||8.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,300||$40,700||18.3%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,230||$44,330||18.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Arizona