There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Arizona
Around 1.5% of Arizona's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 3,341 elementary educators graduate from Arizona's 28 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a elementary education program is Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 787 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Northern Arizona University in 2010. Northern Arizona University charged in-state students $7,672 in tuition fees per year.
Prescott College, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a elementary education program. It is located in Prescott. 79 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Prescott College in 2010. Prescott College charged in-state students $26,235 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arizona with a elementary education program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. In 2010, University of Phoenix-Online Campus graduated 781 students from its elementary education programs. Tuition at University of Phoenix-Online Campus was $11,520 per year.
Elementary education schools in Arizona, charge students an average tuition of $5,313 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,235 per year, or as little as $805 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
The elementary education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Dine College - located in Tsaile, students are charged $805 per year
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
An elementary education degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Arizona go on to work as an elementary educator. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Arizona, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 21,090 Arizona elementary educators as of 2010. The largest populations of Arizona elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 12,650 elementary educators
- Pima County - 3,340 elementary educators
- Apache County - 1,330 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,580 elementary educators will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 12%.
On average, elementary educators earn $42,110 per year. In 2010, however, some Arizona elementary educators earned as little as less than $22,230 per year or as much as more than $69,640 per year. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Pima County - $44,030 per year
- Maricopa County - $42,710 per year
- Apache County - $41,340 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in Arizona make the lowest salaries on average:
- Mohave County - $36,890 per year
- Yavapai County - $37,140 per year
- Cochise County - $38,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Arizona
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||21,090||$42,110||-43.3%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,570||$76,540||-2.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,300||$40,700||18.3%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,260||$41,450||39.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Arizona