There are schools offering fashion programs in Arizona!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Arizona
The top-ranked school in Arizona that has a fashion program is Northern Arizona University. Northern Arizona University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Flagstaff. 9 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Northern Arizona University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northern Arizona University was $7,672 per year.
University of Arizona, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a fashion program. It is located in Tucson. Tuition at University of Arizona was $8,237 per year.
The Art Institute of Tucson, which is located in Tucson, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. The Art Institute of Tucson charged in-state students $17,316 in tuition fees per year.
Fashion schools in Arizona, charge students an average tuition of $9,047 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,586 per year, or as little as $1,734 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arizona fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- The Art Institute of Phoenix - located in Phoenix, students are charged $17,586 per year
- The Art Institute of Tucson - located in Tucson, students are charged $17,316 per year
- University of Arizona - located in Tucson, students are charged $8,237 per year
The fashion schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Mesa Community College - located in Mesa, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Phoenix College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Northern Arizona University - located in Flagstaff, students are charged $7,672 per year
A fashion degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, sales associate, and pattern designer are the professions of choice for a majority of fashion graduates in Arizona. Arizona had 84,980 fashion professionals in 2010. 2,640 of these fashion professionals were marketing managers, 2,380 were merchadisers, and 1,030 were fashion magazine editors. The Arizona counties with the largest populations of fashion professional are:
- Maricopa County - 61,850 fashion professionals
- Pima County - 11,320 fashion professionals
- Cochise County - 2,410 fashion professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of fashion professionals is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 106,280 fashion professionals working in Arizona then. Of these 106,280 fashion professionals, the government predicts that 3,510 will be marketing managers, 3,380 will be merchadisers, and 1,990 will be fashion magazine editors.
fashion professionals in Arizona earn $52,338 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Arizona fashion professional earned as little as less than $15,680 per year or as much as more than $166,050 per year. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for fashion professionals:
- Maricopa County - $58,768 per year
- Pima County - $50,376 per year
- Yavapai County - $46,787 per year
The following counties in Arizona have the lowest average salaries for fashion professional:
- Coconino County - $23,440 per year
- Mohave County - $25,810 per year
- Apache County - $26,430 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in Arizona were:
- Marketing Manager - $100,410 per year
- Merchadiser - $59,710 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $54,100 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in Arizona were:
- Pattern Designer - $32,080 per year
- Sales Associate - $25,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Arizona
- Certificate in Fashion in Arizona
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||n/a||$32,080|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||2,380||$59,710||4.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Arizona