There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Arizona
The top-ranked school in Arizona that has a graphic design program is Arizona State University. Arizona State University, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Tempe. 42 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Arizona State University in 2010. Students at Arizona State University paid $8,132 per year in tuition fees.
Maricopa Skill Center, which is located in Phoenix, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Maricopa Skill Center graphic design program.
The third-ranked school in Arizona with a graphic design program is The Art Center Design College-Tucson, which is located in Tucson. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, The Art Center Design College-Tucson graduated 17 students from its graphic design programs. The tuition rate at The Art Center Design College-Tucson was $27,125 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arizona graphic design school, average tuition will be $8,905 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,412 per year to $27,125 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arizona graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- The Art Center Design College-Tucson - located in Tucson, students are charged $27,125 per year
- Collins College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $23,550 per year
- University of Advancing Technology - located in Tempe, students are charged $19,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arizona graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Northland Pioneer College - located in Holbrook, students are charged $1,414 per year
- Glendale Community College - located in Glendale, students are charged $1,734 per year
A graphic design degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Arizona go on to work as a graphic designer. In 2010, there were 3,140 graphic designers working in Arizona. The Arizona counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Maricopa County - 2,430 graphic designers
- Pima County - 510 graphic designers
- Coconino County - 50 graphic designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,080 graphic designers will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of graphic designers to grow by 3%.
A graphic designer in Arizona earns $43,480 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Arizona graphic designers earned as little as less than $18,490 per year or as much as more than $78,100 per year. The counties in Arizona with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Maricopa County - $44,640 per year
- Coconino County - $41,710 per year
- Yavapai County - $41,530 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Cochise County - $36,000 per year
- Pima County - $39,040 per year
- Yavapai County - $41,530 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Arizona
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Arizona
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Arizona