There are schools offering health information programs in Arizona!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Arizona
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Arizona students graduate with degrees in health information. In other words, every year an estimated 191 health information technicians graduate from Arizona's 7 health information schools.
University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 49th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Phoenix-Online Campus graduated 153 students from its health information program. Tuition at University of Phoenix-Online Campus was $11,520 per year.
Arizona College of Allied Health, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a health information program. It is located in Glendale. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Arizona College of Allied Health health information program. Tuition at Arizona College of Allied Health was $13,525 per year.
Yavapai College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a health information program. It is located in Prescott. Students at Yavapai College paid $1,488 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Arizona's health information schools ranges from $13,525 per year to $1,412 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,223 per year. The Arizona health information schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Arizona College of Allied Health - located in Glendale, students are charged $13,525 per year
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
- University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus - located in Tucson, students are charged $10,440 per year
The health information schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
- Phoenix College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $1,734 per year
A health information degree from an Arizona school... what next?
A large number of Arizona health information graduates become health information technicians. In 2010, there were 4,870 health information technicians working in Arizona. The following counties have the largest number of Arizona health information technicians:
- Maricopa County - 3,210 health information technicians
- Pima County - 790 health information technicians
- Apache County - 280 health information technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,460 health information technicians will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of health information technicians to grow by 16%.
On average, a health information technician earns a salary of $34,720 per year in Arizona state. But, salaries for health information technicians can vary. In 2010, health information technicians made as little as less than $17,460 per year or as much as more than $60,480 per year in Arizona. A health information technician in the following Arizona counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Coconino County - $37,870 per year
- Maricopa County - $36,580 per year
- Mohave County - $35,340 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for health information technicians are:
- Yuma County - $26,740 per year
- Pima County - $28,820 per year
- Cochise County - $30,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information in Arizona
- Certificate in Health Information in Arizona
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,870||$34,720||34.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Arizona