There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Arizona!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Arizona
Around 0.4% of Arizona's graduates graduate from pharmacy technician training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 791 pharmacy technicians graduate from Arizona's 20 pharmacy technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a pharmacy technician program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. 278 students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from University of Phoenix-Online Campus in 2010. University of Phoenix-Online Campus charged in-state students $11,520 in tuition fees per year.
Pima Medical Institute, which is located in Mesa, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pima Medical Institute graduated 84 students from its pharmacy technician programs. Students at Pima Medical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Arizona pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $2,086 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,412 per year to $13,525 per year. The Arizona pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Arizona College of Allied Health - located in Glendale, students are charged $13,525 per year
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
- Mohave Community College - located in Kingman, students are charged $2,310 per year
The pharmacy technician schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Yavapai College - located in Prescott, students are charged $1,488 per year
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from an Arizona school... what next?
The highest percentage of pharmacy technician graduates in Arizona pursue careers as a pharmacy technician. Arizona had 7,020 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Arizona pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 4,480 pharmacy technicians
- Pima County - 1,480 pharmacy technicians
- Yavapai County - 190 pharmacy technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 32% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,170 pharmacy technicians working in the Arizona then.
A pharmacy technician in Arizona makes an average of $30,680 per year. However, Arizona pharmacy technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,710 per year to more than $44,170 per year in 2010. On average a pharmacy technician earns the most in the following Arizona counties:
- Coconino County - $33,260 per year
- Apache County - $31,090 per year
- Maricopa County - $30,850 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for pharmacy technicians are:
- Mohave County - $27,370 per year
- Yuma County - $29,140 per year
- Cochise County - $29,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Arizona
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Arizona
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Arizona