There are schools offering social work degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Arizona
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a social work program is Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 37 students graduated with a degree in social work from Northern Arizona University in 2010. Northern Arizona University charged in-state students $7,672 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona that has a social work program is Prescott College. Prescott College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Prescott. 15 students graduated with degree in social work from Prescott College in 2010. The tuition rate at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
The third-ranked school in Arizona with a social work program is Arizona State University, which is located in Tempe. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. 408 students graduated with degree in social work from Arizona State University in 2010. Students at Arizona State University paid $8,132 per year in tuition fees.
Social work schools in Arizona, charge students an average tuition of $6,405 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,235 per year, or as little as $805 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona social work schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Arizona State University - located in Tempe, students are charged $8,132 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arizona social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dine College - located in Tsaile, students are charged $805 per year
- Cochise College - located in Douglas, students are charged $1,560 per year
- Glendale Community College - located in Glendale, students are charged $1,734 per year
A social work degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Arizona go on to work as a social worker. In 2010, there were 2,230 social workers working in Arizona. The following counties have the largest number of Arizona social workers:
- Maricopa County - 1,440 social workers
- Pima County - 520 social workers
- Apache County - 50 social workers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,740 social workers will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of social workers to grow by 16%.
A social worker in Arizona makes an average of $45,370 per year. In 2010, however, some Arizona social workers earned as little as less than $18,990 per year or as much as more than $77,610 per year. The counties in Arizona with the highest average salary for a social worker are:
- Mohave County - $52,120 per year
- Yavapai County - $51,050 per year
- Pima County - $50,800 per year
A social worker in the following counties in Arizona make the lowest salaries on average:
- Apache County - $38,480 per year
- Maricopa County - $41,850 per year
- Cochise County - $46,210 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in social work and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Arizona
- Certificate in Social Work in Arizona
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||5,060||$37,560||39.8%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,810||$39,720||68.3%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||2,230||$45,370||64.0%|
|Social Workers, All Other||510||$60,100||-22.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Arizona