There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Arkansas
Each year, roughly 0.6% of Arkansas students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Arkansas' 26 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 439 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a administrative assistant program is Arkansas State University-Main Campus. Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, Arkansas State University-Main Campus graduated no students from its administrative assistant program. Tuition at Arkansas State University-Main Campus was $6,640 per year.
Northwest Technical Institute, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Springdale. 6 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Northwest Technical Institute in 2010. The tuition rate at Northwest Technical Institute was $2,321 per year.
Arkansas Tech University, which is located in Russellville, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 50 students graduated from Arkansas Tech University administrative assistant program. Students at Arkansas Tech University paid $4,804 per year in tuition fees.
Administrative assistant schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $2,656 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $6,640 per year, or as little as $1,350 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arkansas administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus - located in Jonesboro, students are charged $6,640 per year
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith - located in Fort Smith, students are charged $4,918 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Arkansas go on to work as an administrative assistant. 7,000 administrative assistants were working in Arkansas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Arkansas administrative assistants:
- Faulkner County - 2,760 administrative assistants
- Benton County - 1,490 administrative assistants
- Crawford County - 620 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Arkansas will grow to 9,980. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $37,610 per year in Arkansas state. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Arkansas had varying salaries from $20,960 to $59,630 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Faulkner County - $39,780 per year
- Cleveland County - $39,170 per year
- Benton County - $38,940 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Clay County - $31,560 per year
- Cleburne County - $31,960 per year
- Baxter County - $33,420 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Arkansas
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Arkansas
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||24,340||$22,940||-1.7%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||19,260||$26,100||42.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||7,000||$37,610||-1.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Arkansas