There are schools offering beauty programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a beauty program is Professional Cosmetology Education Center. Professional Cosmetology Education Center, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in El Dorado. In 2010, no students graduated from Professional Cosmetology Education Center's beauty program.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a beauty program is Hot Springs Beauty College. Hot Springs Beauty College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Hot Springs National Park. In 2010, 37 students graduated from Hot Springs Beauty College beauty program.
Academy of Salon and Spa, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a beauty program. It is located in Fort Smith. In 2010, Academy of Salon and Spa graduated 53 students from its beauty programs. Tuition at Academy of Salon and Spa was $0 per year.
Tuition at Arkansas' beauty schools ranges from $4,804 per year to $1,350 per year. But, the average tuition is $700 per year. In 2010, the beauty schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Southern Arkansas University Tech - located in Camden, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Pulaski Technical College - located in North Little Rock, students are charged $2,840 per year
The following Arkansas beauty schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in De Queen, students are charged $1,780 per year
- South Arkansas Community College - located in El Dorado, students are charged $1,868 per year
A beauty certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
Many Arkansas beauty graduates become a esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. In 2010, there were 3,850 beauty professional working in Arkansas, including 1,980 hairdressers, 150 estheticians, and 1,020 cosmetology instructors. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of beauty professional work in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 1,250 beauty professionals
- Benton County - 770 beauty professionals
- Arkansas County - 400 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,330 beauty professionals working in Arkansas then. Of these 5,330 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 3,810 will be hairdressers, 250 will be estheticians, and an unknown number will be cosmetology instructors.
On average, beauty professionals earn $33,113 per year. In 2010, however, some Arkansas beauty professional earned as little as less than $15,350 per year or as much as more than $80,080 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Faulkner County - $36,268 per year
- Benton County - $34,585 per year
- Clay County - $31,990 per year
Beauty professionals in the following counties in Arkansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Craighead County - $21,255 per year
- Baxter County - $23,060 per year
- Crawford County - $25,340 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Arkansas were:
- Esthetician - $38,030 per year
- Cosmetology Instructor - $37,810 per year
- Salon Manager - $28,350 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Arkansas were:
- Salon Manager - $28,350 per year
- Hairdresser - $28,260 per year
For more data regarding a career in beauty in Arkansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Beauty in Arkansas
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||1,980||$28,260||34.7%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,020||$37,810||7.4%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||700||$28,350||20.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Arkansas