There are schools offering business administration degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Arkansas
Each year, approximately 2.6% of Arkansas graduates receive degrees in business administration. That means an estimated 1,889 general managers graduate from Arkansas' 33 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a business administration program is Harding University, which is located in Searcy. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 177 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Harding University in 2010. Tuition at Harding University was $14,040 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a business administration program is John Brown University. John Brown University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Siloam Springs. In 2010, 445 students graduated from John Brown University business administration program. Students at John Brown University paid $19,770 per year in tuition fees.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a business administration program. It is located in Jonesboro. 124 students graduated with degree in business administration from Arkansas State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Arkansas State University-Main Campus was $6,640 per year.
Tuition at Arkansas' business administration schools ranges from $21,324 per year to $2,150 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,666 per year. In 2010, the business administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Lyon College - located in Batesville, students are charged $21,324 per year
- University of the Ozarks - located in Clarksville, students are charged $20,530 per year
- Ouachita Baptist University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $19,820 per year
The following Arkansas business administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in Helena, students are charged $2,150 per year
- East Arkansas Community College - located in Forrest City, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Mid-South Community College - located in West Memphis, students are charged $2,270 per year
A business administration degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a general manager. Arkansas had 14,690 general managers in 2010. The largest populations of Arkansas general managers are working in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 4,890 general managers
- Benton County - 2,640 general managers
- Crawford County - 1,540 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -3% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,510 general managers working in the Arkansas then.
On average, general managers earn $90,580 per year. In 2010, however, some Arkansas general managers earned as little as less than $33,560 per year or as much as more than $148,800 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Faulkner County - $99,370 per year
- Benton County - $94,340 per year
- Crawford County - $89,830 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Cleburne County - $77,990 per year
- Clay County - $79,630 per year
- Garland County - $79,710 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Arkansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Arkansas
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Arkansas
- Certificate in Business Administration in Arkansas
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||14,690||$90,580||21.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,660||$68,600||7.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Arkansas