There are schools offering computer programming courses in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a computer programming program is Northwest Technical Institute. Northwest Technical Institute, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Springdale. In 2010, no students graduated from Northwest Technical Institute's computer programming program. Students at Northwest Technical Institute paid $2,321 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas with a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Little Rock, which is located in Little Rock. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Little Rock paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas with a computer programming program is University of Arkansas at Little Rock, which is located in Little Rock. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of Arkansas at Little Rock computer programming program. Tuition at University of Arkansas at Little Rock was $6,643 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas computer programming school, average tuition will be $6,630 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,536 per year to $18,048 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Little Rock - located in Little Rock, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Northwest Arkansas Campus - located in Rogers, students are charged $10,200 per year
- University of Phoenix-Little Rock Campus - located in Little Rock, students are charged $10,200 per year
The computer programming schools in Arkansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in De Queen, students are charged $1,780 per year
- Ouachita Technical College - located in Malvern, students are charged $2,312 per year
A computer programming degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Arkansas go on to work as a computer programmer. If you decide to work as a computer programmer in Arkansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,680 Arkansas computer programmers as of 2010. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Benton County - 2,330 computer programmers
- Faulkner County - 880 computer programmers
- Crawford County - 100 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,450 computer programmers will be working in Arkansas state. This would require the number of computer programmers to shrink by -10%.
On average, computer programmers earn $62,120 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Benton County - $61,610 per year
- Crawford County - $60,610 per year
- Clay County - $60,020 per year
A computer programmer in the following counties in Arkansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Arkansas County - $54,320 per year
- Baxter County - $55,400 per year
- Cleburne County - $56,230 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in computer programming. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Arkansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Arkansas
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Arkansas
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||120||$39,420||71.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Arkansas