There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Arkansas
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Arkansas students graduate with degrees in elementary education. In other words, every year an estimated 239 elementary educators graduate from Arkansas' 10 elementary education schools.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which is located in Jonesboro, is the top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. 34 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Arkansas State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Arkansas State University-Main Campus was $6,640 per year.
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, which was ranked 50th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a elementary education program. It is located in Pine Bluff. University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff charged in-state students $5,033 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a elementary education program is University of Arkansas. University of Arkansas, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Fayetteville. In 2010, University of Arkansas graduated 158 students from its elementary education programs. Tuition at University of Arkansas was $6,768 per year.
Elementary education schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $10,453 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,040 per year, or as little as $4,804 per year. The Arkansas elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Hendrix College - located in Conway, students are charged $32,040 per year
- University of the Ozarks - located in Clarksville, students are charged $20,530 per year
- Williams Baptist College - located in Walnut Ridge, students are charged $12,020 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arkansas elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff - located in Pine Bluff, students are charged $5,033 per year
An elementary education degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
A large number of Arkansas elementary education graduates become elementary educators. In 2010, there were 12,410 elementary educators working in Arkansas. The following counties have the largest number of Arkansas elementary educators:
- Faulkner County - 2,670 elementary educators
- Benton County - 1,890 elementary educators
- Clay County - 1,770 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 14,020 elementary educators will be working in Arkansas state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 27%.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $43,380 per year in Arkansas state. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $31,370 per year or as much as more than $64,640 per year in Arkansas. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following Arkansas counties:
- Benton County - $47,980 per year
- Faulkner County - $46,130 per year
- Craighead County - $43,620 per year
On average, elementary educators earns the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Arkansas County - $39,560 per year
- Clay County - $40,410 per year
- Cleburne County - $40,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Arkansas
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||12,410||$43,380||-0.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,490||$43,220||3.8%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,170||$74,600||0.5%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,620||$45,340||5.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Arkansas