There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a graphic design program is Harding University. Harding University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Searcy. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Harding University's graphic design program. The tuition rate at Harding University was $14,040 per year.
John Brown University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a graphic design program. It is located in Siloam Springs. In 2010, John Brown University graduated 26 students from its graphic design program. Tuition at John Brown University was $19,770 per year.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a graphic design program. It is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, Arkansas State University-Main Campus graduated 4 students from its graphic design programs. Students at Arkansas State University-Main Campus paid $6,640 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas graphic design school, average tuition will be $8,398 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,150 per year to $19,820 per year. The Arkansas graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Ouachita Baptist University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $19,820 per year
- John Brown University - located in Siloam Springs, students are charged $19,770 per year
- Harding University - located in Searcy, students are charged $14,040 per year
The following Arkansas graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in Helena, students are charged $2,150 per year
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College - located in Bentonville, students are charged $2,613 per year
- National Park Community College - located in Hot Springs National Park, students are charged $2,718 per year
A graphic design degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a graphic designer. 920 graphic designers were working in Arkansas in 2010. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 340 graphic designers
- Benton County - 260 graphic designers
- Crawford County - 80 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,630 graphic designers working in the Arkansas then.
On average, graphic designers earn $36,580 per year. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $17,770 per year or as much as more than $71,850 per year in Arkansas. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Arkansas counties:
- Faulkner County - $44,330 per year
- Clay County - $41,010 per year
- Benton County - $33,550 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Cleburne County - $25,700 per year
- Arkansas County - $26,850 per year
- Crawford County - $32,030 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Arkansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Arkansas
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Arkansas
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Arkansas