There are schools offering HVAC training in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Hvac Programs in Arkansas
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Arkansas receive HVAC certificates every year. That means an estimated 189 heating and air conditioning mechanics graduate from Arkansas' 14 HVAC schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a HVAC program is Northwest Technical Institute, which is located in Springdale. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Northwest Technical Institute's HVAC program. Northwest Technical Institute charged in-state students $2,321 in tuition fees per year.
Arkansas Tech University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a HVAC program. It is located in Russellville. The tuition rate at Arkansas Tech University was $4,804 per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a HVAC program is Southeast Arkansas College. Southeast Arkansas College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Pine Bluff. 6 students graduated with certificate in HVAC from Southeast Arkansas College in 2010. Southeast Arkansas College charged in-state students $2,760 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Arkansas' HVAC schools ranges from $4,804 per year to $1,350 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,197 per year. In 2010, the HVAC schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Pulaski Technical College - located in North Little Rock, students are charged $2,840 per year
- University of Arkansas Community College-Morrilton - located in Morrilton, students are charged $2,793 per year
The HVAC schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Arkansas Northeastern College - located in Blytheville, students are charged $1,720 per year
A HVAC certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from HVAC school in Arkansas go on to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic. If you decide to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic in Arkansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,360 Arkansas heating and air conditioning mechanics as of 2010. The largest populations of Arkansas heating and air conditioning mechanics are working in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 900 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Benton County - 410 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Clay County - 300 heating and air conditioning mechanics
The government projects that the number of heating and air conditioning mechanics in Arkansas will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,570 heating and air conditioning mechanics working in Arkansas.
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in Arkansas earns $37,590 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. heating and air conditioning mechanics in Arkansas had varying salaries from $17,250 to $76,520 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for heating and air conditioning mechanics:
- Benton County - $44,630 per year
- Faulkner County - $39,660 per year
- Clay County - $38,160 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for heating and air conditioning mechanics are:
- Crawford County - $26,730 per year
- Garland County - $28,490 per year
- Baxter County - $30,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in HVAC in Arkansas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as plumbing or carpentry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hvac in Arkansas
- Certificate in Hvac in Arkansas
Curious what studying HVAC gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||2,360||$37,590||5.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are HVAC related jobs in Arkansas