There are schools offering LVN programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Arkansas
Around 1.3% of Arkansas's graduates graduate from nursing certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 944 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Arkansas' 25 LVN schools.
Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock, which is located in Little Rock, is the top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock graduated 117 students from its LVN program. The tuition rate at Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock was $7,340 per year.
Northwest Technical Institute, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a LVN program. It is located in Springdale. 37 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Northwest Technical Institute in 2010. Northwest Technical Institute charged in-state students $2,321 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas with a LVN program is Arkansas Tech University, which is located in Russellville. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 0 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Arkansas Tech University in 2010. The tuition rate at Arkansas Tech University was $4,804 per year.
Tuition at Arkansas' LVN schools ranges from $7,340 per year to $1,350 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,723 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arkansas LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock - located in Little Rock, students are charged $7,340 per year
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith - located in Fort Smith, students are charged $4,918 per year
The LVN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
A LVN certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Arkansas go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. In 2010, there were 12,010 licensed vocational nurses working in Arkansas. The largest populations of Arkansas licensed vocational nurses are working in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 3,050 licensed vocational nurses
- Arkansas County - 1,660 licensed vocational nurses
- Clay County - 1,360 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed vocational nurses in Arkansas will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 14,110 licensed vocational nurses working in Arkansas.
A licensed vocational nurse in Arkansas earns $34,280 per year on average. But, salaries for licensed vocational nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed vocational nurses made as little as less than $24,290 per year or as much as more than $52,640 per year in Arkansas. The counties in Arkansas with the highest average salary for a licensed vocational nurse are:
- Benton County - $39,120 per year
- Faulkner County - $37,960 per year
- Garland County - $34,670 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for licensed vocational nurses are:
- Cleveland County - $30,380 per year
- Clay County - $30,760 per year
- Cleburne County - $31,590 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Arkansas
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||12,010||$34,280||-2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Arkansas