There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Arkansas
Around 0.5% of Arkansas's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Arkansas' 9 medical assistant schools put out approximately 393 medical assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a medical assistant program is Harding University. Harding University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Searcy. 32 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Harding University in 2010. The tuition rate at Harding University was $14,040 per year.
Arkansas Tech University, which is located in Russellville, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Arkansas Tech University in 2010. Arkansas Tech University charged in-state students $4,804 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a medical assistant program is Bryan College. Bryan College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Rogers. 20 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Bryan College in 2010. Bryan College charged in-state students $17,500 in tuition fees per year.
Medical assistant schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $6,589 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,500 per year, or as little as $1,780 per year. The Arkansas medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bryan College - located in Rogers, students are charged $17,500 per year
- Remington College-Little Rock Campus - located in Little Rock, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Harding University - located in Searcy, students are charged $14,040 per year
The following Arkansas medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in De Queen, students are charged $1,780 per year
- Black River Technical College - located in Pocahontas, students are charged $1,968 per year
- East Arkansas Community College - located in Forrest City, students are charged $2,190 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
A large number of Arkansas medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. Arkansas had 1,790 medical assistants in 2010. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 630 medical assistants
- Benton County - 440 medical assistants
- Clay County - 140 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in Arkansas will grow by 35%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,600 medical assistants working in Arkansas.
A medical assistant in Arkansas earns $26,030 per year on average. However, Arkansas medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,300 per year to more than $37,310 per year in 2010. A medical assistant in the following Arkansas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $28,760 per year
- Faulkner County - $26,140 per year
- Cleveland County - $24,880 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Baxter County - $22,420 per year
- Craighead County - $23,720 per year
- Cleburne County - $23,890 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Arkansas
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Arkansas
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Arkansas