There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a nursing assistant program is Arkansas Tech University. Arkansas Tech University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Russellville. In 2010, no students graduated from Arkansas Tech University's nursing assistant program. The tuition rate at Arkansas Tech University was $4,804 per year.
Southeast Arkansas College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Pine Bluff. In 2010, 186 students graduated from Southeast Arkansas College nursing assistant program. Students at Southeast Arkansas College paid $2,760 per year in tuition fees.
Southern Arkansas University Tech, which is located in Camden, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 155 students graduated from Southern Arkansas University Tech nursing assistant program. Tuition at Southern Arkansas University Tech was $3,270 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas nursing assistant school, average tuition will be $2,454 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,350 per year to $4,990 per year. The Arkansas nursing assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Southern Arkansas University Tech - located in Camden, students are charged $3,270 per year
The nursing assistant schools in Arkansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of nursing assistant graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a nursing assistant. If you decide to work as a nursing assistant in Arkansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,600 Arkansas nursing assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Arkansas nursing assistants:
- Faulkner County - 5,410 nursing assistants
- Arkansas County - 2,480 nursing assistants
- Clay County - 2,160 nursing assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nursing assistants is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 22,330 nursing assistants working in the Arkansas then.
On average, nursing assistants earn $20,910 per year. However, Arkansas nursing assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,780 per year to more than $29,610 per year in 2010. On average a nursing assistant earns the most in the following Arkansas counties:
- Faulkner County - $22,640 per year
- Benton County - $21,900 per year
- Craighead County - $21,180 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Clay County - $19,080 per year
- Crawford County - $19,350 per year
- Arkansas County - $19,740 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Arkansas
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||18,600||$20,910||18.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Arkansas